Malaya Makerthon is a design sprint-like competition where "Makers" create a functional prototype within 30 hours. Malaya Makerthon is the first to introduce Maker culture and pique interest of brialliant young minds as the pioneer of technological advancement.
Rules & Regulations:
1. Participants must fully participate in all three (3) days of event. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
2. Participants are required to bring their own Laptops and prototyping kits. (Both will not be provided at the event
3. Teams are given 30 hours to build their prototype in line with the theme and scope.
4. Teams are required to bring their own laptops and prototyping kits (Embedded boards, sensors). Some parts will be
available for sale during the event.
5. The participants will be granted full access to the prepared equipment at the event.
6. The lab is equipped with:
Wood working tools
Common Hand tools
Adhesive and tapes
7. Master classes on maker-related skills will be conducted during the Makerthon. It is compulsory for participants to
take part in these classes.
8. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding their decision.
9. Students should register at the provided link latest by 15 March 2018 before 6.00 PM.
1. All participants must be a minimum of 18 years old.
2. All participants must be able to communicate in English (All submission, documents and announcements in relation to the event will be in English only).
3. Must be currently enrolled in a University/College/Vocational Institutions within their respective countries (Participant's level of study should be limited up to Graduate studies (Masters).
4. Knowledge of Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Basic Electrical and electronics. (Participants are required to bring their own Prototyping kits and laptops)